Home About Contact Home Australia Blog

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Home Sweet Second Home

We're back. We all arrived in Australia early Friday morning with Grammy in tow. As usual, the kids were fabulous on the flight for 13 and a half hours, then melted down 30 minutes before landing. They've made this flight across the Pacific 5 times now, so I knew what to expect. But it is a little embarrassing when your 3 yr old starts crying for his headphones after the seat belt sign has been turned on. I'm sure the people around me were wishing I hadn't packed those headphones up so early. Oh well.

It's a little surreal having a life on two continents. When we were home, in our own house, with our own stuff, surrounded by family and friends we've known for years it really felt like home. I was reminded how much I love Southern California. (And the weather was perfect)!

Here are a few photos from our time at Disneyland, which I do believe is the happiest place on Earth.




But now that we are back in beautiful Australia I can't help but appreciate this amazing opportunity we've been given here. We're settling back in to the routine that has become our new life. We're seeing our new friends and realizing how blessed we've been to have met such wonderful people here. And of course, we've been playing at the beach.

Sure, I'm sad to leave my family and friends and behind. Especially because we aren't sure when our next trip to the US will be. But being back in Australia feels like being home, too. And I can't help but be happy to be here.

2 comments:

Kristi said...

Glad you made it home and are feeling good about your life here in Australia. It can be a love hate thing.

Anonymous said...

It was extremely interesting for me to read the post. Thanks the author for it. I like such topics and anything connected to this matter. I would like to read more soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Edub Graphic Art and Design